Master of Science Degree / Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resources Engineering and Management (2022 / 2024)
Applications are invited for the 2022 / 2024 intake of the above course offered by the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka (www.civil.mrt.ac.lk). The programme will be conducted at the UNESCO Madanjeet Centre for South Asia Water Management (UMCSAWM), in collaboration with the South Asia Foundation (SAF).
Please submit duly filled-out application forms (Pages 1 ~ 3) with confidential recommendations from two non-related referees (Pages 5 – 6 & 7 – 8), and other supportive documents, as instructed in the form.
Please check whether you have attached the following with the application:
1. Copies of certificates of academic qualifications (degree certificate and transcripts).
2. Copies of certificates of membership / associate membership / graduateship of professional institutions.
3. Letter of consent from employer regarding leave / permission to follow the course (Page 4 of the application).
4. Letter of sponsorship (if applicable).
5. Copies of certificates of English language proficiency (compulsory for all international applicants).
6. Photographs (4 copies) and copies of Birth certificate & National identity card / Valid passport.
All copies submitted should be certified as true copies of the original documents either by a University Registrar, Legal Practitioner, or Justice of Peace / Notary Public. For applicants from SAARC countries, an official from South Asia Foundation (SAF) Chapter in their respective country should be the certifying authority.
Please hand over the duly filled-out application form to the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka or send by Registered Post to:
For Local Applicants
For International Applicants
The Course Coordinator,
M.Sc./PG Dip in Water Resources Engineering and Management,
Department of Civil Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Moratuwa,
From SAARC Countries (with scholarship):
South Asia Foundation (SAF)
Chapter in their respective country.
From SAARC (Self-funded) or Non-SAARC Countries:
Same as for local applicants.
Please contact the Course Coordinator (WREM) on Tel: +94 (011) 581 0260 or, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretariat of the South Asia Foundation (SAF) Chapter in your country (SAARC applicants) for further information.
Closing Date for Applications: 31th August 2021.
Interview list on the website: 04th September 2021.
Date of Interviews: 06th & 07th September 2021.
Selected list in the website: 22nd October 2021.
Registration : (Date will be notified).
Commencement: 04th March 2022.
Please refer to the supplementary documents for Eligibility requirements, Course structure and Course fee details.
1) UMCSAWM SAF Application Letter 2022 – 2024
2) MSc PG Dip in WREM 2022 – 2024 7th Intake – Leaflet
3) MSc PG Dip in WREM 2022 – 2024 7th Intake – Flyer
4) Paper-advertisement – WREM – 7th Intake (2022 – 2024)
5) UMCSAWM-SAF Application Guide 2022 – 2024 [SAF]
6) MSc PG Dip in WREM 7th Intake (2022 – 2024) – Application Form
Closing date for applications is 31st August 2021. Completed application documents with all scanned support documents should be emailed to: email@example.com.